Dyslexia and other learning differences can’t be cured. However, diagnosing the the learning disability at an early age and utilizing proper instructions promotes reading success. When you look for instruction for yourself or a family member, look for this type of program.
- Intensive- tutoring is given every day or frequently
- Explicit-component skills for reading, spelling, writing are explained, directly taught, and modeled by the instructor.
- Systematic and cumulative- has a definite, logical sequence of concepts
- Structured- has step-by-step procedures for introducing, reviewing and practicing concepts
- Multisensory- links listening, speaking, reading and writing together;involves movement and learning to meet individual learning styles